Kris is a leading authority on the R&D Tax Incentive and related government assistance programs in Australia. He has specialised in this field for more than 25 years.
His experience is both broad and deep – from assisting companies in mining, software, biotechnology, food and heavy engineering, through to influencing government policy makers and appearing before Senate committees.
Kris is responsible for managing our relationships with clients at the tax manager, executive and board levels. He also leads our ongoing contact with policy makers and administrators in the ATO, AusIndustry and Innovation Australia to ensure that we are always up to date regarding developments in the field, and can advocate for more effective, workable programs.
In addition, Kris is a founding member of the Federal Government’s R&D Tax Incentive National Reference Group (NRG), an author of submissions to several government reviews, and an active member and trustee of CEDA.
Kris is a recognised thought leader on R&D incentives, and a sought-after speaker. He has presented to national conferences on both R&D and tax, and also published many articles in the media. For example, he has:
- Published an article on the National Innovation System in CPA Magazine
- Published several articles on R&D tax incentives in Australian R&D Review
- Appeared on the ABC Radio series “Ideas with wings”
- Been quoted in numerous articles on innovation in The Australian, Sydney Morning Herald, Australian Financial Review and Business Review Weekly
- Presented at conferences and seminars all round Australia including Corporate Tax Association, CPA, Tax Institute, Minerals Council of Australia and APPEA
Kris holds degrees in Economics (with Honours) and Law from the University of New South Wales.